Admit it, having a copier, printer or multifunctional printer at your disposal has been heaven-sent. Not only does it make your workflow a lot easier but it provides a multitude of other conveniences that have become essential in order for you to function at your best in your work. so, like any other office equipment, your copier should be taken care of on a regular basis. Here are some things that you can do in order to keep your printer in good working condition for a long time.
- Keep your copier active. Since copiers and printers have components that contain ink or toner, it is important to have activity or interaction with the device so that the contents do not dry up. If you do not have frequent copying requirements, try to turn your device on at least once every two weeks and conduct a test print so that the machine can be kept in good working condition.
- Clean your printer head. In order to keep getting great printing results with vivid images and crisp lines, you must ensure that your printer head is clean and free from anything that can cause it to clog up. Clogging can be caused by any dried-up ink or an accumulation of dust. Having a prolonged clog can lead to a need for a replacement of the unit because it may cause a build-up on the unit and bring about more issues if kept unattended.
- Be careful in handling the printer components. Whether you are changing your ink cartridge or plugging in your cable or cleaning your machine, it is important to do so with a certain amount of care. Remember that these components can be quite sensitive and it can be damaged if not handled properly. Microchips on the cartridge can get scratched and the cable port can be damaged as well. If any of these become damaged, it will definitely cause your copier to malfunction or not function at all.
- Keep dust at bay. A very easy way to keep your copier in great shape is to make sure that it is clean and free from debris and dust. In order to achieve this, it is advisable to do a wipe down of the exterior of the device once a week with a lightly dampened cloth or maybe with a light alcohol solution. Avoid using materials that are coarse to the touch because this may scratch the components being cleaned. Also, having a dust cover on the machine when it is not in use is a simple yet effective way of safeguarding your copier from dust or dirt or even insects.
- Unplug your device. If the copier or printer is not in use, unplug it from the power source so that the machine can power down and even provide some savings on the electricity bill. Additionally, if the copier will not be used for a long time, consider unplugging the printer cable so that it lessens the chances of it being damaged.
- Be patient in handling the copier. There are times when the copier or printer may act up, especially when you are trying to beat a deadline or have way too much work to do and need to have your copies or printouts. It can really trigger most people and they will resort to just randomly pressing buttons or slamming the paper trays. These are things that should be avoided because it will cause more damage than good. In instances such as this, it is best to take a breath and re-evaluate the situation so that you can better troubleshoot the issue at hand. At all costs, keep your cool so that you can get back to the work that you need to complete.
Doing these small things can really help prolong the life of your copier machine and ensure that it stays in good working condition.
If you plan to get copiers for your office in New Jersey, you can opt to buy copiers or lease copiers in New Jersey. We can give you the option to get the copier that you want. You can contact our local copier leasing services department in your location.
If your Location is around New Jersey, you may call us at (201) 241-3228, and our personnel for copier leasing in New Jersey will assist you. If you are also looking for copier repair services in New Jersey you may contact our copier repair personnel at the same number