The answer depends on the features of the printer you use. Some printers have multi-function properties that you can use to scan, copy, and print. Other printers can only print documents and cannot be used as a copier. If you want to use the printer as a copier, make sure that the scanner is attached to the printer so you can use it as a copier.
What should you look for when buying a printer that can be used as a copier?
The printer you buy must be a multi-function printer in order for it to print, copy, and scan. Most printers sold today are multi-function. This is because most people need to avoid buying various office equipment.
Before buying a printer, ensure it is aligned with what you want it to do for you. The printer you buy needs to have functionalities to make your work easier. Before purchasing a printer, you must consider what you need in your personal and business. If you want the printer to be able to copy, it must have a scanner. The printer’s scanner emulates the image or document to produce a copy.
How to make a copy on your printer?
To make a copy to the printer, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have the printer unit on—plug in the printer’s power cord. Press the power on button and ensure that a yellow light appears.
- Put the right amount of paper you need in the printer feeder or tray.
- Place the original copy of your document and the photo you want to copy on the scanner bed in an upside-down position. Most printers can only copy an A4-size document.
- Press the printer’s black and white copy icon to copy a black and white document or picture.
- If you want to copy a color document or picture, just click on the colored copy icon.
- If you are copying in bulk, click the black and white or colored copy icon several times to determine how many copies you want. Take note that you can only copy up to twenty copies. For example, if you need ten copies, just press the copy icon ten times.
- If you wish to cancel copying, just press the stop button icon.
What are the advantages of having a printer that can be used as a copier?
It offers workability. You can work faster when you have a printer that can also copy. Since the printer can copy, it can also scan documents. You can scan the documents and send them via email to ease your work in transferring your file. You can also save the reproduced copies of your documents without worrying about losing your file.
Convenient to use. Having a printer that can copy documents will save your time from going to other equipment if you want to print or copy documents. Only one piece of equipment is needed to do the printing and copying for your printing needs.
It saves cost and space. Since your printer can do the printing and copying, you will no longer have to worry about where to place the various equipment for the copier or printer. You will only have to buy one printer to do all the copying and printing functions.
Some printers can copy a document, and some can’t. Before buying a printer, make sure it can do what you need. It is more convenient if your printer has other functionality besides printing. Since most people want to make the job easier and save money, it would be best if your printer could also copy the document. In today’s fast-paced world, the equipment you buy can better help you than add more stress on you.
If you are in New Jersey and you are looking to buy a Copier for your business, you may contact Clear Choice Technical Services in New Jersey. You can ask about Copier Leasing Services in New Jersey, Copier rental services in New Jersey, and Copier Repair in New Jersey.